Exploring the Christian faith together to grow in the knowledge and love of God.
The Christian Explorer began in 2016 as a simple blog to explore the Christian faith with the goal of helping believers in Christ understand and grow in their faith.
It was founded by Daniel Klassen with the help of a few friends, Delten Ens, Kyle Friesen, and Allan Wiebe, as an extension of their various ministries in their local church. Beginning as a simple blog, The Christian Explorer expanded by welcoming other teachers and pastors to write articles. In 2021, the Christian Explorer extended into the world of podcasting.
WHAT WE DO
God's truth is revealed in human language. That makes reading and studying an important part of the Christian life. We publish articles on a weekly basis to help you explore the Christian faith.
Alongside reading, listening is an important part of the Christian life. We publish episodes on a weekly basis for you to listen wherever you find your podcasts and whenever you want.
WHO WE ARE
DANIEL KLASSEN is a construction worker, and he leads the Young Adults group at the Bergthaler Mennonite Church in Warman SK. He is the author of How Do We Glorify God? and Thinking Christianity. His passion is to see Christians understand the depths of Scripture; of God and His gospel.
We hold to a Reformed perspective as expressed in the Apostles Creed, Nicene Creed, the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith, and five solas, ("sola" meaning "alone" in Latin).
(1) Sola Scriptura - we believe that Scripture is the sufficient Word of God. It is not Scripture and tradition, or interpretation. Scripture alone is sufficient for everything that pertains to life and godliness.
(2) Sola Gratia - we believe that grace alone is sufficient for salvation. Grace is not rewarded to those who do good, but is given freely to those who have done nothing and have nothing to give in return.
(3) Solus Christus - we believe that the atoning work of Christ accomplished everything necessary to redeem us to God.
(4) Sola Fide - we believe salvation is applied to man by faith alone, not by any work of man.
(5) Soli Deo Gloria - we believe that God's work in salvation, and in all things, is for His glory alone.